1. ABOUT US
The lang cat limited (we/us/our) is the owner and operator of ‘www.thelangcatfinancial.co.uk’ (or any subsequent URL which may replace it) (our Site), including any applications and/or digital channels provided by us for the purpose of accessing our Site or other services, and the provider of the lang cat services, business information, publicity, products or goods (together, our Services). We are a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC390771. Our registered company address is 6 Quayside Mills, Edinburgh, EH6 6EX. Our VAT number is GB108692109.
We are what is known as a data controller of the personal information we gather and use, which means we determine what happens to this data. By using our Services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
2. YOUR RIGHTS & CONTACTING US
You have the right to see what personal information we hold about you, and can ask us to take action regarding this information, for instance, correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else. In addition, you can object to how we use your personal information. You can contact us or make a complaint to us (for instance, regarding our use of your personal data) by getting in touch by telephone on ‘0131 202 5990’ or online. You can also write to us at: the lang cat, 6 Quayside Mills, Edinburgh EH6 6EX, or you can make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk.
3. YOUR PRIVACY
We take your privacy seriously, and this notice provides information about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information (or personal data). This includes the personal information that we already hold about you now and the further personal information we might collect about you (either directly from you or from a third party). How we use your personal information will depend on the Services we provide to you.
This notice describes the categories of personal information we process and for what purposes. We are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
4. HOW WE GATHER & USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personally identifiable information you may provide to us, for instance when you register to use our Services, through an enquiry form, feedback form, registration for events and emails. When you register to use Services, we may ask you to input and collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, password, company details, address, telephone number, product selections and payment information.
- We will only use your personal information where (i) needed to perform a contract with you; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; (iii) we have your consent (if consent is needed); or (iv) for certain fair or legitimate business purposes, for instance:
- to provide communications, information or updates which we think will be of interest to you. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications at any time;
- processing an order you have placed;
- for statistical or survey purposes to improve the Services;
- to serve website content to you through the Site;
- to administer the Services and monitor their use;
- to contact you about an order.
- For anyone using the Services, including visitors who do not register login details, we may use analysis tools (for instance, Google Analytics) to track user journeys throughout the Site in order to determine any changes to improve your online experience and use of the Services. Also, the Site may use tracking technology by which anonymous data is collected and saved for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data so collected is on an anonymous basis.
We may also collect, and our third party providers of content and web analytics may collect, information about where you are on the internet. Again, we may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
We monitor use of the Services and may capture information about your visit that will help us to improve the quality of what we’re doing or to determine what elements of the Services were used.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses and to reputable third parties who will help process your order.
5. HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
How long we keep data in a form which permits identification of data subjects depends on the Services provided to you, and we won’t retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes we need to use it for. In some circumstances we will hold personal information for as long as is necessary for managing our relationship with you, for active or potential legal proceedings, to resolve or defend claims and for the purpose of making any payments which we may be legally required to make.
6. YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES